Saturday, September 4, 2010

"Pop Art"



I recently finished reading The Philosophy of Andy Warhol by Andy Warhol. His thoughts about art, style, wealth, life and love have completely changed how I look at things. The other day I was on my MacBook and I was taking pictures on Photo Booth. Something hit me. What would Andy Warhol think of the "Pop Art" photo option on Mac computers? Would he be proud or horrified? I'd love to know. He loved the TV. He loved the telephone. He loved his cassette tapes. So maybe he'd love computers? But maybe he'd hate seeing his odd, "pimply" face that he was so self conscious about in his computer screen. Maybe he'd hate his style being recreated. I've put way too much thought into this. I just got curious. He was a strange dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment