Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lonely Predicaments and Art





So it's official. I cry nearly every Friday and Saturday night. I see it as a discreet, disguised "fuck you." On those nights the static from my guitar doesn't quite cut it. Some company would be nice... but ironically I create the best art on Friday and Saturday nights. I start playing music to get my mind off of my lonely predicament. Then I start thinking about what I'm doing. I start over thinking the creation process. "Art is completely limitless." I get overwhelmed. I also want to create everything. NEW everything. Unheard of everything. Plus I'm a perfectionist. So think start to get crazy. "I'm an artist I can take this anywhere." The definition, the concept, the label it implies and allows a certain freedom that freaks me out. The other night I was lonely and this all hit me really hard. Friday and Saturday nights scare me. That is all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment